Yes, I am a list maker.
If you have read my previous posts, you have probably noticed that I included lists in those as well. I am not sure how or why this came about but I think I have always been that way. I do come by it a bit honestly, my Dad is a list maker as well.
My list making has become much more prominent in my life in the last few years and here are some of the reasons possibly why:
- Blame it on “Mommy Brain”, I don’t seem to retain as much as before.
- Blame it on age, not getting any younger here.
- Between work, parenting, blogging and plain old life, it is too full up there to remember everything.
- It keeps things neat and tidy. Instead of 100 sticky notes everywhere, I keep a few topic specific lists.
- Maybe it is the satisfaction of being able to cross off things as they are completed.
I have learned the hard way too many times, that if I don’t have it on the list, I probably will forget it. And realistically, who has the time to keep going back to the store to remember to get the things you originally forgot? I want to make one trip and call it done!
I always have several lists going at once:
- Groceries – as I run out of things, I add them to the list. If I don’t go shopping for a few days, I am pretty sure I won’t remember that I need vanilla or something I don’t use on a daily basis that I have just used the last of that day.
- Daily chores – I think this one is more for the satisfaction of crossing things off, but also keeps me motivated to get things done
- Miscellaneous – exactly as it sounds, a list of things that I need to remember that don’t fall into the other two categories and that I don’t want to forget about. An example, a reminder of an upcoming birthday that I need to buy a gift for.
- Blogging – this is a new one as of late, but I am constantly writing down ideas for new posts, and my to do’s.
Are you a list maker? What are your tips and tricks to keep things in check? I’d love to hear your recommendations!
And my lists always have to be on paper. I am sure there is an app out there that I could use to make all my lists so I always have them with me. Maybe I will add that to my list of things to research. 🙂
6 thoughts on “Why I am a list maker.”
I love lists and schedules! It helps keep everything known.
I am such a list maker too! Nice to know I’m not alone ❤
I love lists, too! I especially love writing them down on paper because I get so much satisfaction crossing things off as I complete a task.
Totally a list maker. Always have been. Like you said there is something satisfying about crossing something off. I totally just made a weekly cleaning schedule that I’m going to laminate so I can cross things off.
I gotta say–I can totally relate. In fact, I am currently working on a master list and schedule, weekly organizing my cleaning, blogging, cooking, etc. lists make me feel good. I like the control a list gives me ?
Love this! My husband always laughs at my sticky notes all over with lists on them. I have mom brain too and can’t keep it all straight so I have to write it down to remember!