I have been blogging her at A Boy and His Mom for over a year now and I realized that although my blog is about my life with my son, I have never really told you a lot of just me. So I decided to come up with a list of 10 fun facts to get to know me better and get a little insight into what makes me, me.
- My legal name is Cathy, not Catherine as people like to call me.
- I grew up in a very small town (pop.1400), so moving to the suburbs of Toronto was quite a stretch for me.
- I’ve always had a cat as a pet. I can’t remember a time in my life that either my parents or I didn’t own a cat.
- My public school was so small, that even at only 5ft tall, I was a member of the basketball team.
- In high school I was a bit of a “doer” – I played field hockey, was a cheerleader and was the President of my Prom Committee, among other groups and teams.
- Ever since I was 16 years old, I always knew that wanted to be a Mom. I always said that if at 35 I wasn’t either married or in a committed relationship that I would look into artificial insemination. It was the one job I always wanted to have.
- Ever since I was 16 I have colored my hair. Grays started coming in way too early.
- I have always been a Math person and love doing algebra. Some people like crosswords or Sudoku, I like algebra.
- If I was ever stranded on a deserted island and could only have 1 album, it would INXS – Kick. (Yes, I am aging myself here.)
- My favorite food is Mexican – I could eat it morning, noon and night.
Now that you know a little more about me, I would like you to meet a few great bloggers that I have come to know. Hop on over to their links below!
Haley at The Life and Lies of an Inanimate Flying Object
Shelby at Fit as a Mama Bear
Kandice at A Cotton Kandi Life – Freebie! 7 Online Money Makers for WAHM
Megan at Our Poetic Chaos
Maria at Dapper House Designs
Stephanie at You Are My Son Shine – Freebie! Home Emergency Checklist
Lilly at Moonbeams on the Path
Kimberly at Wildflower Four –
Amanda at Easy On The Tongue – Freebie! Nursery Printable
5 thoughts on “10 Things to Know About Me – Nice to Meet You Blog Hop”
Wow, a math girl and a basketball girl! those are things I’ve never been. I loved reading about you! Thanks for being part of the blog hop 🙂
I have almost always had a cat as well! We got my family cat when I was about 6, and had her until my second year of college. My parents got a new cat shortly after, but I didn’t have one since I was in apartments, until our current cat found me. She was all tiny and pathetic and alone and I took her in. My (now) husband wasn’t too happy because he didn’t think we needed a cat just then, but we’ve had her for over 6 years now and my boys love her!!
And I totally relate to the algebra, I love math!
Hi Cathy! This Blog Hop is so much fun! We have a few things in common…I’m a math person too and we are using the same theme! Nice to “meet” you.
Cathy, interesting facts you shared with us! As a maths girl, are you not good at music too?
I love that you’re a cat person! Obviously I love dogs but I am most definitely the crazy cat lady 😉 Currently I have two indoors and my strays outdoors- all of which my daughter loves to chase!