With summer vacation just around the corner, and with kids constantly out and about, it’s always good to have some quick and easy snacks readily available. I love these peanut butter chocolate crispy square recipe that I adapted from The Big Man’s World.
They are super easy to make and the peanut butter can easily be substituted for sunflower seed butter or any other nut style butter to accommodate any allergies. And truth be told, with cereal/peanut butter combo, I have been known to justify them as a breakfast for myself once in a while.
What I love about this recipe, is you can easily modify it to cater to your dietary needs and allergies. It’s very versatile and because most of the ingredients are something I have on hand at any given time, I can easily whip up a batch quickly. My son is a huge white chocolate fan, so I think I’d like to give the recipe a go using white chocolate chips at some point.
One thing I do recommend is to keep these squares in the fridge when you are not serving them. Depending on the peanut (nut/seed) butter that you use, the squares can become quite soft when left out. But seriously who doesn’t love a good chocolate peanut butter combo and would let the go uneaten anyways?
Peanut Butter Chocolate Crispy Squares
- 4 cups Crispy Rice Cereal
- 1 cup Natural Peanut Butter ((Can substitute for sunflower seed butter, or any other nut butter))
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl, add cereal and set aside
- Add remainder of ingredients to medium size pot. Cook on low-medium heat until melted and smooth.
- While the above is cooking, line a square pan with parchment paper.
- Once the the chocolate peanut butter mixture is a smooth consistency, pour it over top the cereal and mix until completely covered.
- Once mixed, pour into the parchment lined pan and spread evenly across the pan.
- Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours or until set.
- Once set, cut into squares and enjoy! I find it’s best to keep the squares refrigerated.