Who would have thought I would ever be excited about Brussels sprouts? Who knew that they were actually called “Brussels” and not just “Brussel”? I was today years old when I learned that.
I love trying new recipes, especially one serving recipes. I have a much more adventurous palate than the boy, so I like trying new recipes when he is at his Dads. However, I find most recipes feed 4 or more, and I either end up eating leftovers for days, or wasting a lot if I don’t end up enjoying it.
I happened across this recipe on a TikTok by Halle Burns and decided to give it a try. Brussels sprouts are one my favorite veggies, so her recipe looked so good. One thing I liked about it, it was enough for one meal or two side dishes.
After a few tries and tweaks, I had a recipe that loved and will be making quite often. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Smashed Brussels Sprouts with Lime Yogurt Sauce
- 3 cups Brussels Sprouts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce or hot sauce of choice
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Steam or boil Brussel sprouts until tender
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine oil, maple syrup, soy sauce and garlic
- Once Brussels Sprouts have cooked, strain them and pat dry with paper towel.
- Toss sprouts in sauce mixture until well covered
- Place sprouts on baking sheet and then “smash” them with the bottom of a glass.
- Pour any remaining sauce over the smashed sprouts.
- Cook at 450° for 25 minutes or until crispy
- While the Brussels Sprouts are cooking, mix together the yogurt and lime juice together in a small bowl.
- Once the sprouts are cooked and plated, pour yogurt sauce over the sprouts.