Easy, Peasy Pinwheels For Your Next Party
The summer weather is finally here and outdoor parties and gatherings are now in full swing. Looking for something that you can bring to these events that is not only easy but will wow the other guests? These easy, peasy pinwheels are the perfect choice.
The best part is you can change up the ingredients to suit certain dietary restrictions or tastes. Whether you want a spicy kick or something more suited for kids, the possibilities are endless.
All you need is your favorite brand of tortilla shells, spreadable cream cheese, veggies (or fruit) and you are ready to go. I tend to go with a flavored cream cheese to add even more flavor but plain is fine as well.
The possibilities are endless with this recipe. In this particular recipe, I am showing my version of a spicy veggie pinwheel.
Eash Peasy Pinwheels
- 4 each Tortilla shells I used the larger size ones
- 1 package spreadable cream cheese jalapeno flavor
- 1 unit red pepper finely chopped
- 1 unit green pepper finely chopped
- 2 each green oions finely chopped
- 1/3 cup black olives finely chopped
- You can use basically any flavor cream cheese you wish and any combination of veggies/fruit to suit your taste. These are the ingredients for my spicy veggie version.
- Put all the chopped up veggies in a medium size bowl and add cream cheese. Mix well.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on each of the tortilla, leaving some space at the edge so it doesn't spill out when rolled.
- Roll up each tortilla as tightly as possible without the ingredients spilling out. (Will resemble a cigar).
- Wrap each rolled up tortilla in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Just prior to using, cut up each tortilla into bite sized pinwheels. Voila, ready to serve.